At Le Cateau, school meals are provided by NYES Catering. This service provides school meals to over half of the schools in North Yorkshire, with the aim to bring enjoyment to school lunchtimes with local, fresh, great quality food being at the heart of what we do.
All of our meals are made on-site by Mrs Doak and her team of catering staff. NYES Catering follow a healthy eating policy with 75% of our food produced daily in the school kitchen. We provide:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region and Red Tractor approved
- free-range eggs and sustainably caught fish
- a menu that is fully compliant to the School Food Standards
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers to promote local businesses and reduce our carbon footprint
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children
- a menu that is nutritionally analysed, as well as being checked by a Registered Nutritionist
- information and menu guidance on any specific dietary requirement
- fats free from hydrogenated oils
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
School meals are currently priced at £2.75 per meal for children in Foundations Stage 1 and Years 3 to 6. Charges for meals are made through your child's Arbor Account with payments made on-line. There is no requirement to pre-order meals; your child simply informs the class teacher as to the option they would like at the start of each school day.
Pupils in Foundation Stage 2, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for a 'free lunch' under the Universal Infant Free School Meal Scheme. For some families, Free School Meals may be provided if certain criteria is met. For more information, please follow the links on the left hand side.
Mrs Doak and her team provide excellent value for money and food of a high quality. She also works alongside our School Council and Healthy School Leader (Mrs Lount) to ensure any menu choices meet the relevant standards but allow 'pupil voice' in the decision making process. School meals offer;
- three food options per day catering for all dietary requirements
- a three weekly menu cycle, allowing children to become familiar with the food served
- changes every term to reflect the seasons
- are written using feedback from pupils, parents, carers, cooks and school staff
Promotions and Special Events
As part of our offer, the Catering Team also host fun promotional days with special menus to add an extra ’buzz’ to school lunches throughout the term. These exciting one-off menus are shared with you ahead of the day, along with a themed activity sheet to download. We also provide 'themed' choices that link to the areas of study undertaken by the pupils as well as additional special events where parents are invited to partake in eating a school meal. These events take place across the school year and include the likes of Chinese New Year, Viking Banquets and a Roman menu.